BC blueberries are not only delicious on the tongue but they come packed with high nutrition and tremendous health benefits. These are just a few of them.
- Blueberries are notoriously low in calories but very nutrient dense with high amounts of fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, manganese, and small traces of other nutrients.
- They’re packed with antioxidants, including predominantly flavonoids, which protect your body’s cells from damage and help guard against signs of aging.
- The high level of antioxidants also neutralizes free radicals related to oxidative DNA damage, related to aging and cancer.
- Blueberries are excellent for your cholesterol, lowering the oxidation of bad LDL cholesterol sometimes significantly depending on the person and their diet.
- BC blueberries appear to assist in lowering high blood pressure, particularly among individuals who are obese or postmenopausal women.
- Heart attacks are the world’s leading cause of death. Although it’s still early in research, several studies have produced favorable results suggesting blueberries are help to lower the risk of heart attack by sometimes as much as a third.
- Blueberries neutralizes a lot in the body, resulting in the maintenance of brain function and improved memory. In fact, a multi-year study found blueberries delayed mental again in some individuals by up to 2.5 years.
- The anthocyanins in blueberries have a positive effect on insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism, suggesting they’re one of the best foods to eat for those suffering from diabetes.